Tuesday, October 25, 2005

TWO THUMBS WAY UP!

I saw the best movie on Saturday. Billie and I went to see In her shoes and it was awesome! We laughed we cried and of course enjoyed the familiar landscape of Philadelphia PA. I cannot say enough about Jennifer Weiner and her books..they are all so great! I just finished her fourth book and I highly reccommend them all. When I get one of her books Tim knows he won't be able to talk to me for a few days. Then some time a few days later a big "sigh" as I realize the book is over and I have to wait anxiously for her next book to be written. Okay, well back to the movie I thought for sure I would hate it because I read the book...isn't that how it always is? NOT this time! I loved the book and I loved the movie they did a fantastic job with the adaptation. If you go, and I hope that you will, bring tissues... it is not heartbreak sad...it is just touching. Okay...so everyone go see the movie now! And while you are at it get her books #1 Good in Bed #2 In her shoes #3 Little Earthquakes #4 Goodnight Nobody.

Sunday was a pretty typical fall day...Tim and Tanner played in the leaves ( and still managed to clean them up too) and I made a big pot of chili in the crockpot and watched football. GO EAGLES!! It wasn't pretty but it is a W in the column and I will take that. Poor Broncos what happened there...we pretty much thought they had it and it got ugly! Well next week is head to head for us. I hope they mention the last time these 2 teams have met each other because Tim and I can remember in the 5 years we have been together.

Today was a HUGE breakthrough in the war of potty training. All of a sudden out of nowhere as Tanner was getting himself dressed he said.." I better go poop first" and he did just like that! I am sooooo excited! And then he called his dad ( on alert) to make sure he knew that he would take a prize now. Never underestimate the power of bribery.. :) :) Lets just see if this trend continues... this was a HUGE step for him though! I think I could actually see the lightbulb go on over his head so I am keeping my fingers crossed. With everything else I had guidelines in my head on when he should be doing things and he always met or exceeded them... boy has this potty training thing threw a wrench in the plans... maybe it is something to do with Evan....or maybe, more likely, there is some truth to the when they are ready they will do it theory!

Well I know that last paragraph has you all hanging on the edge of your seats! I never said I had anything interesting to say....just that I would be saying it.


:)

No comments: