Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A message from the other side...

Okay you will all read this and think that I have officially flipped my lid but I swear I recieved the most beautiful message from the other side today.

It all started at Subway... I had chosen this Subway because I thought it had a drive thru..when I tried to drive thru I saw a woman parking in the drive thru so I went around and parked. When I got inside the line was long and my time left on my lunch break was short so I almost left but decided to stay. The lady who had bee parking in the drive thru came out of the restroom and up to me to apologize for blocking my way. I told her I thought that had a drive thru and that was my error. Anyway we got to talking... she told me about her recent open heart surgery and I think I knew on some level she really reminded me of my mother. Then she asked me " Are you gonna try the meatball sandwich today, it is the special? " I said no...noone could make meatballs like my mother so I wouldn't even try them here. She smiled and asked if she made them alot. I told her that my mother had passed away but she surely could make a mean meatball. She said "Wow she must have been so young, gosh I still have my mother and she is 95 and healthier then me! " I told her that my mother was young, only 62 but she was 48 when she had me. She said that is how old she is now... and that she too had a similar experience with her own children. She told me she had some children and was young and so overwhelmed raising them and balancing everything and then 10 years later she had another child and that was a such a blessing to her. She told me that she knew that my birth must have been such a blessing to my mother because she knew how she felt and that I am a very special person. I could barely hold my tears back and I ran to the car to let it all out. I swear it felt like a message. I truly believe in my heart that the Lord uses people to interact in other peoples lives...even strangers like me and the "Subway lady". She really touched a cord with me and it really is an amazing experience. It makes me realize how we all play a part in one anothers lives...even when we don't know it.

2 comments:

Sam said...

That is so beautiful. And it's so great that I am sitting at my desk at work, crying happy tears for you.
Your mom is DEFINITELY alive in your heart and I bet she is bursting with pride for you.
Okay, off to find some tissues discreetly so my co-workers don't see the pregnant woman crying...again!
Big hugs!

Bethalow said...

Tammi, the divine intervention you had today has made me cry as well. I don't think you have flipped- you are so right and I am so happy you had that experience. You are so blessed.