Wednesday, November 02, 2005

from the mouths of babes....

Okay I told this story and Lori ( my awesome sister-in-law) told me that I had to put it on my blog. It is a little on the "vulgar" side...but all moms of boys need to be able to appreciate a little of that. So, we took Tanner to the peditrician for his 3 year check up and she gave us this hand out about potty training. In the handout it says to explain to him that "poop and pee WANT to go in the potty and it is his job to help them" . Tim explained it first and I about died laughing but I held it all back. Anyway I mentioned it to him yesterday that they WANT to go in the potty and he looks at me all serious and says, "What about farts mom..do they want to go in the potty too?"

One more Tanner is too funny story.. we were in church a few weeks back and he got the hiccups... and he looked at me and said "Mom, my mouth is bumpin' " It was too cute! I need to be sure to write some of these stories down.

Kudos to my wonderful husband... this morning he let me sleep in and he took both boys to school so that I could relax and get ready.... what a guy!!!!!

This past Sunday we went to Fort Collins got new outfits for all of us and then got out family pictures taken... I am not so thrilled with them but we realized getting both kids to smile is about impossible!

We were sad to have to go to the funeral for Tim's grandmother but it was nice to see the extended family we do not get to see often. We also had Tim's mom and Dad for the weekend so that was a nice suprise as well.

Today was girls lunch and we even got to see Lindsey ( what a nice suprise) ! It was for Julie's Birthday ( Happy Belated girl!) We went to the Egg & I and it was really nice to see everyone and chat....I only wish we could do dinner or weekend lunches so we would have more time to visit.

OK back to the grind.. I am sorry I have been slacking on my blog these days!

2 comments:

Bethalow said...

Oh man- I just died laughing!!! That is too funny about Tanner...

aditya said...

"My mouth is bumpin" Lol. That was the best thing he could have said with his vocab.

Your blog is the only other, I have seen so far, having the same template as mine.

Nice blog, will come back for more funny stories.