Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So VERY Thankful!

Thanksgiving time. What a great time of the year to reflect on all the gifts and blessings that we have in our lives. This has been a difficult year both personally and for our country but we still have a laundry list of things to be thankful for.

First and foremost, I am thankful for my church and my faith and our wonderful loving and forgiving Lord. I am of course thankful for all that we have been blessed with.

I have the amazing love of my husband. With all the ups and downs that life has to offer I could not imagine being on this journey with anyone else. He is my partner and my very best friend. We enjoy each other and just make a great team in every way.

I have these 2 wonderful boys that make life both joyful and challenging. Everyday is a new adventure ( hence the name of the blog) . Tim and I discuss how every night we worry about thier well being and if we are doing a good job in molding them into the young men they will someday be. It is such a honor to be thier mother and get to watch them grow. Motherhood, is the one gift that you never know how much you get from it until you have been given it.

I also have family and great friends scattered around the country. Somtimes I think about what it would be like to have lived in one place all these years. Sometimes we miss being close to family. However, then I think about how I would not have the blessing of this military family all over the country. Where we get to spend holidays together and be there for one another in ways that is unheard of to others. I have asked of my military family favors that I would be hesitant to ask of my own family or the friends that I have known for years in the town that I grew up in. It is truly a phenomenon that is unlike any other and I am truly thankful for the whole experience.

I am thankful for so many other things that I know we take for granted. I am thankful for our home, that we have food and all of our needs met. I am thankful to live in this great nation and as much as I worry about the state of our country at this time. I am thankful for our freedom and I know that it does not come without great scarifices from so many.


I am thankful for all of you reading my blog too.... because I know that you are all family and friends that I love and most of you are reading this because we will not get to spend Thanksgiving with you.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I promise to post some pictures soon :) Maybe of the holiday celebration!


Love to all!

Thanks for stopping.

Much love Tammi and the boys

2 comments:

Bethalow said...

I love you, girl! Happy Thanksgiving my dear.

Joanne said...

Very nice Tammi........thanks for reminding me to pause and be thankful for my blessings...