Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sad news

Helen-Marie Lithgow, 68, of Pittsgrove passed away on November 21, 2008 at the South Jersey Hospice Center in Bridgeton. Born in Camden, Mrs. Lithgow was the daughter of Russell & Helen Carr.
She was a member of St. Ann's Roman Catholic Church in Elmer and had retired from the Law Offices of Daniel Rosner in Vineland. Her family was everything in her life, everything else was secondary. She was a very generous, loyal and kind person. Helen was a collector of "everything", she loved going out to breakfast, especially to the Kountry Kitchen, and she loved her dogs.




Nineteen years ago Thanksgiving will be the anniversary of the death of my mom. Not a day goes by that I do not think about her. Sometimes it is a little thing like overhearing a co-worker on the phone with thier mom asking them a silly question and sometimes it is a deep yearning for her guidance in this world. Either way, my dearest and longest friend lost her mom this week. Her mom was my 2nd mom. I referred to her parents as mom and dad. I feel like her family took me in and made me a part of thier family when I was just a young lost child. I am so sad not only because I know the loss that Donna is dealing with on a very real level but in my own selfish way too. I will surely miss her. She would do anything for anyone and when I lost Wyatt this summer she called and talked to me and cried with me and felt my pain in a way I don't know that anyone else could. It seems that every time this happens to someone we love we are shocked and hurt and bewildered by it. I will continue to pray for my "family" and as we believe, " Where two are three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them" Matthew 18-20. There is not a doubt in my mind that both of these woman are with our Lord right now. I just wish we could have had them here longer. Your thoughts and prayers are always welcome.





Thanks for stopping by and for all of your love and support.



Much love,



Tammi and the boys



4 comments:

Sam said...

Okay, this just must be a tough season for you. I am so sad and sorry for you and Donna's loss. I will be praying for all of you. Big hugs, love you!

KIM said...

Tammi I understand what you are going through.....I lost my dad about the same time you lost your mom only it was new years. You never really get over the loss of a mom or dad. Your family and your friends are in our thoughts!

Joanne said...

So sorry for your loss. You, your family and your friend are in my prayers. God Bless.

Jenna said...

Wow must be a week for bad news. One of my dear friends from college was killed on friday night, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't stop thinking about it, crying about it, and just yearning to see her smiling face again. I know how you feel, and I am deeply sorry for you loss. You and your friend's family are in my thoughts and prayers.