Thursday, September 11, 2008

Kindergarten stuff!



First of all the above picture is Tanner's nemesis... has been for years... I think he was 3 years old when he first started talking about the Monkey bars. It was always something he just knew he would be able to do... in Kindergarten... it is after all the pinnacle of growing up..well to a 3 year old anyway. And yesterday when I picked him up... as soon as he saw me the news came blurting out!! Good news.. and bad news... first the bad news... " I hurt my eye and my cheek when I fell on the monkey bars." said very matter-of-fact. Then the good news.. "But....guess what Mom?? I got back right back up and I did them.. all the way accross... "I CAN DO THE MONKEY BARS!" The news was too exciting to wait for Daddy to get home... we had to tell him on his phone call... had to let him know right away!!


That is good stuff!! We are so proud of you Tanner.... now the monkey bars... but we all know the possibilities are endless with a get back up. can-do attitude!



Love ya!!



In other news.... we are working on our first homework assignment. Every week he has 5 letters of the alphabet due for his alphabet book... we did his first 6 ( okay we over achieved a bit...but F was a pretty easy one)


Here are our finished products...




This penmenship thing is not quite as easy as I had hoped... but we are lucky because Tanner is sooo anxious to learn... as much as he can...as soon as he can.

Well thanks for stopping in...

Much love to all!

Tammi and the boys!




2 comments:

Joanne said...

Great Job Tanner!!! Excellent work! Congratulations on doing the monkey bars!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the monkey bars Tanner! Our 6 yr oldgrandaughter wants to do those so bad but has not gotten up the nerve. Tammi,seecomment from the post THE AIRPLANE SHOW. Let me know Mom McMenamy