Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike...

Yes I have lots of family and friends that reside in real danger zones for hurricanes so it is okay to laugh at me.... but Ike came through. I know I live in Ohio!! And I thought it VERY bizarre. And of course I am not comparing our damage to the coastal areas in any way shape or form but it is a little crazy. We had crazy wind and our power was on an off and off for good about 3 pm yesterday. NO FOOTBALL!! Now that is roughing it... :) All of the schools were closed in the areas. We are so lucky that our power came on at about 5 am. There are still lots of lights down and trees and power lines... and lots of people without power in our area. We are definatly one of the VERY lucky ones. It is also still crazy in the area. The stores are out of all kinds of storm essentials and the gas stations keep running out of gas and have lines around the block. This area is in PANIC mode for sure.

Well we are all doing well. Thankful to have power and all of the luxuries of home. I am so happy that we had our generator so we were able to save all of the food we had just come home from the grocery store with...that is always a bummer.

Well I am off to try some jeans on the boys and see what fits and what doesn't looks like long pants will be making a come back here soon as fall is quickly approaching. We are looking forward to all things fall like football, cooler weather, changing leaves etc.

Thanks for stoppin' by.

I will have some more pictures to share soon!

Much love to all!

Tammi and the boys!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I'm with you, that's so bizarre that you had more damage and effects from the hurricane than we did. It was one mean storm. We are having the same issues with gas, I'm pretty sure everyone is. Even base was out of gas when Brian left yesterday. You are brilliant to have a generator, can you believe we don't have one? K, at this point I should have emailed you, hope to chat later. Miss you & thanks for the crazy updates last night!!

The Vrabecs said...

Glad to hear the power it back on for you guys! That was one major storm and it affected quite a large area, crazy!!