Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God works in mysterious ways....

Well I have had many times in my life when things have just seemed to come together. I know it is all part of a greater plan of a higher power. I had a similiar situation right before Christmas. My brother Jimmy called me with a message that there was a post in the newspaper about the death of one my brothers. Now for those readers that know me well, know that I had 8 total brothers. My mother had 5 sons and my father had 3 sons before they met, married and had me. Well, I never really had contact with my 3 brothers from my father. I have tried to look for them over the years online and such but with such common names ( my maiden name is Parker) it seemed an impossible feat. Well this is why that phone call was so critical. See Jimmy always knew I was looking for my brothers so when he heard of the newspaper obituary he called me. Of course I was sad that my search had lead me to this dead end. Now I would never meet my brother Tom, my Dad's oldest son. While I was online looking at the obituary pages I saw where you make comments and I tried to learn as much information as I could. Then I noticed one of the posts had been by my other brother Bob. I hesistantly emailed Bob and sat on pins and needles until I recieved a response to my email. It was not long until I recieved a return email. We have been able to talk, email and even meet on a recent trip to Baltimore that I had already scheduled. I am so excited to meet he and his wife Linda too. I am looking forward to meeting the rest of his family and also my other Bill and his wife who were unable to make the lunch.





This has been such a blessing to me. I am looking forward to learning more about my father. I already learned he was a great baseball player, a pitcher. I am sad to say a lot of the memories of my father have faded. I was only 9 when died and he had an almost 2 year battle with cancer before that. I am also so excited to learn more about my brothers... I tell you I think those we have up there in heaven really work on our behalf. I don't believe in coincidences. I truly believe everything happens for a reason... and it is all by the power and grace of God. I won't stop counting my blessings anytime soon!







me and my brother Bob ( see any similarities?)


Bob and Linda
I still have more to post about this trip.... so I will try to get that done.
Thanks for stoppin by!
Love to all!
Tammi and the boys


3 comments:

Keelee said...

That's awesome! Tragedy can lead to blessings. I am so happy you have found more family.

The Vrabecs said...

Wow Tammi, what an amazing story! :)

Terri and Scott said...

Oh Tammi...this is a great story! I'm very happy for you.