Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Fourth of July fun!

The day started out pretty grimm. We headed to a parade in a nearby town and were rained out. They had a great day planned with all kinds f vendors, food, a classic car show, music and the parade. We were just not tough enough to hang any longer as the rain came down and I thought that this picture of Evan pretty much summed up how we all felt. We headed home to dry out and start preparing some food and such...just hoping that the day would clear up. Well it did!! And after our great meal with Uncle Matt and Angela we headed to take in the firework festivities!
<
These are the boys and the girls next door checking out the snakes.
Angela with a Sparkler
Angela and Evan doing poppers
Sparklers waiting for the fireworks to start...


Uncle Matt waiting for the show
oops...this one is out of place...one more of Ang and the boys





I loved how the boys were just sitting and watching but it was hard to get a good shot of it!

We still cannot believe how late it is sooo light here. The fireworks did not start until after 10:00 pm because of it. By the time we were done and got the boys home in bed it was midnight.... CRAZY!

It was a nice holiday and we were so glad to have Angela here with us to help celebrate and Uncle Matt in town as well. It was so great to see him!

Thanks for stopping!

More soon!

Much love to all!

Tammi and the boys!






3 comments:

Sam said...

Great pics!! Looks like a fun, busy day! I think it's funny that you spent the holiday with Angela & we spent it with Ben. Through them, we are like 6 degrees of spending the 4th together!! ;)

Joanne said...

What a long day........but looks like fun. I love the 4th of July which you could probably tell by my blog! It really is my favorite holiday. I love seeing all of the pictures. I am not sure what kind of snakes the kids are looking at but I am glad they are not here! I hope you have a great weekend with Jenn and the girls.....I will be looking foward to those pics to show up.

Bengela said...

hey--great shots of the fireworks! I didn't even notice you were taking pictures then--probably b/c I was already thinking about the Ritters' ice cream I was gonna have-yum yum :)