Saturday, February 04, 2006

A new career on the horizon???

Well could it be? Could I get to do what I always wanted to do? Only time will tell. I took a temporary position at DFS for a number of reasons. #1) to get out of the house...get dressed,showered etc. #2) To offset the cost of daycare that I am still paying for fear of loosing the kids spots. #3) It was at DFS ( Division of Family Services) just the kind of thing I had in mind while in college ( oh so long ago)and shortly after. I always wanted to do real work, important work. Some of you who have known me forever know that I worked for a few programs in NJ that were just this type of fulfilling, life changing work I am discussing. But somehow I ended up in banking ( mostly the need for $ way back when...then it moved on to where my experience was). Well I am going to try a whole new avenue of my career since my life has changed so dramatically since having the boys and meeting Tim. Who knows what will become of it all but I have officially submitted my application and I am taking the plunge to moving my career in a whole new direction. If everyone could keep me in thier thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it. I am sure that God has a plan.... and everything will fall into place. It is hard to not be excited about the idea and possibility that I may be able to work in social services. I alwasy thought I would need an MSW....turns out my BA is just what they are looking for right now.

Okay well that is my only news for now!

2 comments:

ME said...

I was wondering what you were up to! I agree God has a plan for each of us and who knows but this sounds like your kind of gig! I wish you luck!!!

Bethalow said...

Yeah Tammi! Joining me in the Social Services career field!!! Prayers are happenin'!