Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Busy weekend!

It was a busy weekend....but a fun one! Seems the few weekends before Christmas are always so jammed packed. On Saturday Tim went shopping with Bruce and I watched Elias. Elias is 5 and he is Alison's (friend from work) son. Tanner and he played well together and we even baked some homemade banana bread for our snack together. Then Tim came home and it was off to the cookie exchange. "Beth's 2nd annual cookie exchange" to be exact. It was a blast and so fun. Beth is such a good hostess ( really I am pretty jealous of her hosting skills) . Evan and I even won a prize for festive dress. I dressed Evan in Tanner's first Christmas outfit and it was a little snug but brought us home the prize. Here are some pics of us stolen from Beth's blog.






The one is of me holding Jack and Evan. Jack is Kari and Tony Stewarts boy who was born ( June 30th) so they are really close in age.

After the exchange Evan and I met Tim and Tanner at the fights on base. Every year the boxing team puts on a full scale match it was a lot of fun. After the fights we went back to the Ludwicks and got to hang out with the Purcells and the Ludwicks for a bit.

On Sunday morning we headed to church and immediatly following Tanner and I had to rush to Alicia's birthday party. Alicia is his friend form school. It was at the pizza hut on Yellowstone. When we got home Christmas had EXPLODED at our house! Daddy put lights all over the place and Tanner was so excited!! Tanner has been asking "for Christmas at our house" since he saw the first light on a house. We had our tree and everything inside but he wanted outside ligths.

Well after the party Tanner took a nap and Evan and I packed up to attend a Gift Exchange at Julie's house. It was another blast with all the girls and I got the most wonderful gift from Cindy. I was amazed by my gift basket with tea, a mug and 2 books. I already started reading the one she got ...the Nanny diaries and I am enjoying it so far. I will post some pics later of this. We got one of all the babies of 2005. We also all wore Christmas socks and we got a pic of that I am looking forward to seeing. It was wonderful to see everyone and it was really quite a "girls weekend" I loved it!

Last night Tim and I and the boys went to church for "feast of Saint Guadalupe" it was nice to attend. Then we all went to CB Potts for some dinner.

Seems there are too many things to get ready for the holidays...but we are trying to squeeze it all in!

I will post some more pics of the weekend as soon as I find some time to dowload them.

1 comment:

Bethalow said...

Tammi- you are too good to me. You always know how to make me feel really great!