Thursday, August 06, 2009

So PROUD!

This is me and my little man just a few weeks ago. Notice he has his patch on. He has worn this patch 12 hours per day 7 days per week with hardly any breaks! And it is WORKING!! I know it has been VERY hard work for him but we are so proud of him. When we went to the new Dr. just a few months ago, Tanner was seeing at 250 ( legally blind) in his left eye. Last time we went to the Dr he had improved his vision by 50% and now yesterday another 30%. He now can see at 40 with his glasses. Though he has made AMAZING progress this is still more than likely a long process. The Dr. yesterday said he will probably patch on an off until 8 or 9 years old. As of right now, we will continue the 12 hour patching until school starts and then he will be able to do only afterschool and all day on weekends! I am so excited and so is he! No patches at school makes him really happy! The Dr. does reserve the right to change his mind when we go back in Oct... but we are hoping that this will not be necessary.

Thanks to all for keeping Tanner in your prayers. This is a trial for him.. and like I said it is hard work! But obviously it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!!


Thanks for stopping in!

Much love,

Tammi and the boys!

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

Way to go Tanner! I know how hard this is for kids, my cousin had to do that!