Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Bring your own wheels!"

Well Evan is all about race cars and anything with wheels really. Well I had some ideas for birthday parties but nothing was working out as I wanted. I mentioned this to Julie and Natalie and they brainstormed a great idea. A "bring your own wheels party" . I reserved a spot at a local park... it was a PERFECT location. We had the kids bring bikes, bigs wheels etc and they LOVED it. Everything revoled around race cars. We had crafts that were race car related and even a tire relay.

Here are some shots of the fun:





The riding area...




Crafts





Lunch
More crafting

Natalie helping



Julie and Nick "on duty"


The AMAZING Cake!!

Check out more pics of the cake here
I know it seems impossible...but it tasted better then it looked...
just AWESOME!!!

A very happy boy
Dad getting pinata going
Tire relay
More tire relay!


I need to add this party would have never worked and been this successful without my wonderful air force family... Nick, Natalie, Julie Russell... I cannot thank you all enough for working so hard... and helping us!! Oh... and did you notice the INCREDIBLE shirts that Julie made. I am soooo bummed that I did not get a picture of all of us in our shirts... we really were all working too hard! :)





A family shot at the party.. our shirts that Ms. Julie made all said Evan's pit crew on the front and the number 4 and Hall's racing on the back. Except Evan's which was special and said his name.

The one way to tell the party was successful...one tuckered little boy!


Thanks for stoppin in!

I wil TRY to be better about updating...

Much love!

Tammi and the boys!

1 comment:

Cardwell Family News said...

What a great idea! I love the cake, the trics/bikes, all of it! May have to use that one for Harrison's first or Hudson's 5th. Harrison is moving even faster than Hudson did! Enjoy looking it on you guys. Julie