Wednesday, September 28, 2005

NEGATIVE NELLY

Thanks for checking out the blog ladies and being so encouraging. :) I will need to get some pics on here sometime soon. But as for today I am a negative nelly about Cheyenne. As most of you know I am here because my husband is stationed here. I am blessed with awesome friends and a huge support group. Okay enough good stuff onto the bad stuff. It is COLD today and WINDY. I mean WINDY! People back home do not understand wind as a weather condition. I mean you can't even open your door without it blowing back the other way. I miss the beautiful fall weather back home in NJ... with the trees ( trees what are they???) turning colors and all that comes with the season. Yes season we have four of them in NJ. In Cheyenne we have 4 too....winter, winter, winter and 1 week of summer. I miss going pumpkin picking and apple picking on one of the many farms by where I am from. That is what fall means to me. I would love to take the boys on a hayride to pick pumpkins and apples but try as I may I have never been able to find anything like that here. Oh well, C'est la vie. Enough feeling sorry for myself there is so much sadness in the world today and as I said I am truly blessed I have a wonderful, loving supportive husband and Tanner is a great kid... a truly great kid ( if I do say so myself!) . Evan is the easiest baby... he slept from 9:00 last night until 6:30 this morning... what more can I ask of a 12 week old ( he is 12 weeks today!). I have so many great friends here. In fact last night we had a spaghetti dinner to bid farewell to 2 ( Holly and Joe Johnson). They will be missed but I am glad that they will only be in the Springs so I am sure we will see them often. Goodbye is probably the hardest part... but the positive side to that is the more our friends spread out the more places we have to visit... right ;).

Well, this blog things does make me feel better. I wonder if this link will work for Tanner's 3 year old pics we did on Sunday. You may be able to notice the fat lip from running at the Daanes house on Saturday night... running in a toga is not easy.

https://www.searsphotos.com/?shareid=S203267561lETGS47BQR6

Thanks for checking in... more later!

1 comment:

Sally Y said...

You are too funny! People will never understand until they live there! That's one thing I DON'T miss!